Skin cancer is the most common form of cancer in the United States. According to the Skin Cancer Foundation, more than 3.5 million skin cancers, including 75,000 new cases of invasive melanoma, are diagnosed in the United States annually. Nearly 10,000 people will not survive melanoma in 2013.
The American people need access to safe and effective broad-spectrum, photostable UV screens to protect themselves against the harmful effects of the sun.
Did You Know the Risk of Skin Cancer in the United States?
- Each year there are more new cases of skin cancer than the combined incidence of breast, prostate, lung and colon cancers.
- From 1970 to 2009, the incidence of melanoma increased by 800 percent among young women and 400 percent among young men.
- Over the past three decades, more people have had skin cancer than all other cancers combined.
- One person dies every hour from melanoma, totaling nearly 10,000 deaths in 2013.
- One in five Americans will develop skin cancer in the course of a lifetime.
- Just one bad burn in childhood increases the risk of developing melanoma later in life.
- Melanoma is the number one cancer killer of women in their twenties.
- Skin cancer is most deadly for African Americans, Asians and Latinos.
Did You Know the Financial Cost of Skin Cancer in the United States?
- The estimated total direct cost associated with the treatment of melanoma in 2010 was $2.36 billion in the United States.
- The emotional and physical costs are impossible to calculate.
- A 2012 study by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) concluded that "Given the substantial costs of treating melanoma, public health strategies should include efforts to enhance both primary prevention (reduction of ultraviolet light exposure) and secondary prevention (earlier detection) of melanoma."
Did You Know No New Sunscreen Ingredients Have Been Approved in the United States in Over a Decade?
- The last time the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved a new sunscreen ingredient was in the 1990s.
- Outside of the United States, the next generation of photostable, broad-spectrum sunscreens that offer UVA and UVB protection have been approved for use.
- Since 2002, there have been eight pending sunscreen ingredient applications that are still waiting approval from the FDA.
It is not really easy to arrange cash through other external resources, ordinarily to deal with soundness care needs. Finally there isn't anything you can't purchase on the Web anymore. A lot of drugs are used to treat ailments such as hair loss. Many patients think about http://finasteride.me/finasteride-dosage.html. What do you have to study about propecia generic? Several websites describe it as finasteride dosage. Alopecia describes loss of hair, that can occur at any age. After all, there is a wide range of possible explanations and health care providers are usually able to pinpoint your problem through tests. First of all, only your soundness care vocational can decide if Finasteride or other remedy is good for you. So, ordering medicaments from Internet can save day, but keep these safety tips in mind.